North Peace Search and Rescue (NPSAR) consists of dedicated professional volunteers who provide search and rescue services to Fort St. John and surrounding area. Our team also promotes outdoor knowledge and safety for all recreationists in the outdoors.
All of our members follow a code of conduct that relies heavily on trust, integrity and teamwork.
Our Response Capabilities:
- Ground Search and Rescue
- Technical Rope Rescue
- Swiftwater & Flatwater Rescue
- Avalanche Safety & Response
- CDFL (Helicopter Long Line Rescue/HETS) (Equipment re-certification pending)
- Ice Rescue
- Coroner Assistance
- Police Evidence Searches
- Education Programs
- First Aid / Wilderness First Aid
How We Are activated
North Peace Search & Rescue can only be activated through the provincial emergency services listed below. If our services are required, please call 9-1-1 to start the process.
- Police Authority (RCMP)
- BC Ambulance Service
- Local and Regional governments during civil emergencies
- Emergency Management British Columbia (EMBC)
- Municipal Fire Service
- Coroners Service
- Other SAR Teams requesting mutual aid
- There is no cost to the individual to activate search and rescue services in BC.
- You do not have to wait 24 hours to report someone lost. The faster the person is reported missing the easier it will be to find them.
Interested in becoming part of the team?
Search and Rescue Promotional Video
Remember to leave a trip plan this weekend if you're going on an adventure! You can do it quick and easy with the… https://t.co/5OrYcFuw54
Tomorrow (May 9) we will be at the Taylor Emergency Preparedness Open House & BBQ at the Taylor Community Hall. Com… https://t.co/cEX3cJVSo4
Activated to look for overdue kayakers on Fish Creek at 10:30 pm.
Wrapped up a Saturday session of rope training on the new rope rescue standards. Working on pre-tensioned front tie… https://t.co/OOTrVfnKWX