There When Help Is Needed
North Peace Search and Rescue (NPSAR) consists of dedicated professional volunteers who provide search and rescue services to Fort St. John and surrounding area. We also promote outdoor knowledge and safety for all recreationists in the outdoors.
Our operational area covers from Sikanni Chief River in the North to the Peace River in the South, Williston Lake in the West and the Alberta border in the East. We also provide mutual assistance to the other regional and provincial SAR teams when needed.
All of our members follow a code of conduct that relies heavily on trust, integrity and teamwork.
How We Are activated
North Peace Search & Rescue can only be activated through the provincial emergency services listed below. If our services are required, please call 9-1-1 to start the process.
- Police Authority (RCMP)
- BC Ambulance Service
- Local and Regional governments during civil emergencies
- Emergency Management British Columbia (EMBC)
- Municipal Fire Service
- Coroners Service
- Other SAR Teams requesting mutual aid
- There is no cost to the individual to activate search and rescue services in BC.
- You do not have to wait 24 hours to report someone lost. The faster the person is reported missing the easier it will be to find them.
- Ground Search and Rescue
- Rope Rescue
- Swiftwater & Flatwater Rescue
- Avalanche Safety & Response
- CDFL (Helicopter Long Line Rescue/HETS)
- Ice Rescue
- Coroner Assistance
- Police Evidence Searches
- Education Programs
- First Aid / Wilderness First Aid
Search and Rescue Promotional Video
Interested in becoming part of the team?
Responding to assist BC Ambulance with an injured boy.
Last night was our annual Christmas party. Dinner was eaten, awards were handed out, three 5 year service pins were… https://t.co/AZYrw6WaZr
The Fort St John RCMP is requesting the public's assistance in locating a missing Fort St John resident. Michael M… https://t.co/9vwCJWAYA1