There When Help Is Needed
North Peace Search and Rescue (NPSAR) consists of dedicated professional volunteers who provide search and rescue services to Fort St. John and surrounding area. We also promote outdoor knowledge and safety for all recreationists in the outdoors.
Our operational area covers from Sikanni Chief River in the North to the Peace River in the South. We also provide mutual assistance to the other SAR teams when needed.
All of our members follow a code of conduct that relies heavily on trust, integrity and teamwork.
How We Are activated
North Peace Search & Rescue can only be activated through the provincial emergency services listed below. If our services are required, please call 9-1-1 to start the process.
- Police Authority (RCMP)
- BC Ambulance Service
- Local and Regional governments during civil emergencies
- Emergency Management British Columbia (EMBC)
- Municipal Fire Service
- Coroners Service
- Other SAR Teams requesting mutual aid
- There is no cost to the individual to activate search and rescue services in BC.
- You do not have to wait 24 hours to report someone lost. The faster the person is reported missing the easier it will be to find them.
- Ground Search and Rescue
- Rope Rescue
- Swiftwater & Flatwater Rescue
- Avalanche Safety & Response
- CDFL (Helicopter Long Line Rescue/HETS) (Equipment Recertification Pending)
- Ice Rescue
- Coroner Assistance
- Police Evidence Searches
- Education Programs
- First Aid / Wilderness First Aid
Interested in becoming part of the team?
Search and Rescue Promotional Video
Providing mutual aid to Fort Nelson SAR who are searching for a missing hunter. Third callout in the past week. #bcsar
Tasked by @FortStJohnRCMP to search for overdue tubers on the Beatton River.
Our busiest fundraiser of the year is this weekend at the FSJ Airshow. We're parking a lot of people at the airshow. Thanks for the support!